Reticle pointer is implemented by WaveVR_Reticle script whose properties describe what the point looks like and what it behave.
It is a point at the center of screen (e.g. a cube, a blob, a menu item, etc.) to show the reticle to your eyes.
The goal of this script is to draw the focus of your eyes and interact with object you are interested with in the VR world.
- Gaze_Test: in Assets/Samples/Gaze_Test/Scene/
- The script WaveVR_Reticle.cs is located in Assets/WaveVR/Scripts.
- The appearance of the pointer is shaped by the material WaveVR_Reticle.mat which is located in Assets/WaveVR/Resources.
- The controller pointer shader WaveVR_Reticle.shader is located in Assets/WaveVR/Resources.
- The reticle Prefabs ReticlePointer of HMD is located in Assets/WaveVR/Prefabs.
How to Use¶
WaveVR provides prefab ReticlePointer to generate a reticle and WaveVR Gaze demonstrates how to use.
The following is the property list of the reticle pointer.
It should be true for detecting the device is connected or not.
The WaveVR device type, it should be Head for reticle.
Number of segments making the reticle circle.
Growth speed multiplier for the reticle
Color of reticle pointer
The color flicker flag of reticle pointer
The color deepening flag of reticle pointer during rotation status
The rotation speed of reticle pointer (1 is the highest speed, 9 is the lowest speed)
If you would like to define your own reticle point, just change its property values listed above.