Vive Hand Tracking SDK is aimed to provide:
- First-person view hand recognition in VR/AR/Phones
- Provide accurate, low-latency, deep learning-based solution.
- Support different hardware & operation systems.
- Use existing camera modules, no extra hardware needed.
- Recognises static gestures, instead of gesture sequences.
This section provides overview of the Vive Hand Tracking SDK, with requirements, supported features and limitations. We recommend complete this section before heading to document of each plugin.
Supported Operation Systems & Hardware¶
Vive Hand Tracking SDK tries our best to support all VR/AR devices with camera on-board. A list of currently supported devices is listed below:
|Windows 7 or newer||x86-64||
HTC Vive, HTC Vive Pro series
HTC Vive Cosmos, HTC Vive Cosmos XR
|Android N or newer||ARMv7, ARMv8||Android Phone with optional VR headset|
|Android (WaveVR)||ARMv7, ARMv8||HTC Vive Focus, HTC Vive Focus Plus|
For detailed requirements for each OS/hardware, please see Supported Hardware.
Vive Hand Tracking SDK supports:
- Left/Right hand detection
- Pre-defined gesture classification
- Different modes for hand position result (restricted by OS/hardware capability)
- Pinch (thumb & index fingers) detection
- Confidence value for each hand result
For detailed feature for each OS/hardware, please see Available Features.
|Plugin Type||Supported Platforms||Requirements|
|Unity||All||Unity 5.4 or newer (Android armv8 requires 2017.4+)|
|Unreal||All||Unreal 4.21 or newer (WaveVR may require newer Unreal)|
|Android Library||Android, WaveVR||Java 8 or newer|
|C/C++||All||c/c++ compiler (MSVC or Android NDK)|
- Hand tracking SDK uses on-board camera(s) to detect hands, so make sure hands are visible from camera.
- We are improving accuracy of model, please pay attention to following situations if hand is not detected:
- Avoid complicated backgrounds
- Avoid backlight or low light, or unbalanced lighting condition in camera frame
- Roll up sleeves and make sure wrest is visible
- Avoid side-view of hands
For devices with see-through enabled (e.g. Vive Cosmos), you can use see-through to check environments and hand requirements.