About VIVE Wave¶
VIVE Wave™, an open platform and toolset that will enable easy Mobile VR content development and high-performance device optimization for third party partners. The VIVE Wave™ SDK offers an open interface enabling interoperability between numerous mobile VR headsets and accessories, supporting mainstream game engines. This allows players with different VR devices an easy access to your extraordinary content.
Key Features of VIVE Wave™¶
- 1. Cross Platform
- VIVE Wave™ runtime is a set of installable apk files supported on the platform with Android 7.1 or above. Users just need to install VIVE Wave™ apks on the VR devices and then can start to enjoy the VR world.
- 2. Less Customization
- VIVE Wave™ runtime exists on Android application layer and has no any proprietary customization in Android framework and BSP.
- 3. High Performance Mode
- VR devices just need to configure the specific CPU/GPU clock rate for Android VR mode and then VR devices just can get the high performance mode for VR rendering.
- 4. Standardized SDK interface
- VIVE Wave™ provides easy-use and practical SDK APIs for VR contents development. Developers just need to spend minimal effort to be able to easily port contents to VIVE Wave™.
- 5. Versatile VR Features Optimized for Mobile VR
- <20ms motion to photon latency
- 3/6 DoF head and controller tracking
- Stereo rendering with Asynchronous TimeWarp
- Single buffer rendering with V-Sync scheduling
- Columns or Rows strip rendering
- Lens distortion correction and chromatic aberration correction
- Tracking prediction
- System 2D Overlay
- Unity and Unreal Plugin support
- Safety virtual wall
- 6. Various HMD Types Supported
- Smartphone slot-in HMD
- Smartphone tethered HMD
- Standalone HMD
- 7. Open Interface for Device Plugin
- The vendors of VR accessory can easily develop their device service(driver) and plug in into VIVE Wave™ via apk installation. Per this way, VIVE Wave™ device can widely be expanded to fulfill the various demands of end users, such as: 3/6 DoF controller, Eye tracking, Hand tracking, and etc.
- 8. Qualcomm Snapdragon VR Embedded
- VIVE Wave™ is fully integrated with Qualcomm SVR to leverage the hardware optimization of powerful Snapdragon SoC for mobile VR.