PluginKit SDK Tutorials¶
Setting Up the Build Environment¶
- Make sure Android Studio is installed.
- Make sure to use Android API Level 23 or later.
- Download and import the VIVE Wave™ PluginKit (wvr_pluginkit.aar).
- Add the required libraries in build.gradle.
Selecting the Device¶
There may be a lot of HMDs and controllers installed on your device at the same time. You need to select the HMD and controller that will be used by the VIVE Wave™ Settings AP.
Declaring VR DeviceServices¶
- Write AndroidManifest.xml
To ensure what configuration should be set in AndroidManifest.xml. See Configure Device Capabilities for detail.
Pluginkit SDK Samples
Wave VR provides a sample DeviceService in SDK/samples/SimpleDevice. SimpleDevice includes the HMD, controller, and external tracker.
External device properties for HMD
The pluginkit can also acquire a set of specified device properties from the HMD device service. Please refer detail description in the following portion. Detail for HMD external device propeties