Frame Sharpness Enhancement(FSE)¶
Frame Sharpness Enhancement(FSE) Providing sharpen rendering result via introducing sharpen filter to ATW pipeline. Developer can adjust FSE’s level to get best vision result.
- FSE depends on 2-stage feature, that is, only supported on device with SDK version>4.1.0.
- FSE will always on and consuming GPU usage after initialized. The default level is 0.5.
- FSE only affects the 60% area centered on the eye center.
- When WVR_SubmitFrameLayers submit more than one layer, FSE only affects content layer.
- Default level (0.5) is a good start.
- Higher-level brings more detail but also boosts the noise, aliasing and posterization.
- Recommended for use with MSAA.
- When level set to 0.0, the visual result degrade back to FSE off case, but still consuming GPU usage .